[Ohiodig] Race, Gender, Politics, and History: Reconstructing Visibility of Black Women’s Activism DPLA 7/16 1-2:30pm

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Tue Jun 30 09:04:12 EDT 2020

Race, Gender, Politics, and History: Reconstructing Visibility of Black Women’s Activism
Thursday, July 16th, 1-2:30 pm ET
In commemoration of journalist, suffragist, and anti-lynching and civil rights activist Ida B. Wells-Barnett’s birthday, we will host a community gathering introducing our forthcoming Black Women’s Suffrage collection.
The event will feature a keynote by historian Allison Robinson about teaching with digital exhibits, her experience working with the university’s Ida B. Wells collection, and how digital artifacts can help reconstruct visibility.
Some of our partners will also introduce the collections that they are digitizing as part of the Black Women’s Suffrage collection and provide some perspective about how these artifacts can help us better understand Black women suffragists and the historical and continuing activism of Black women.
 Speakers:
Keynote: Allison Robinson, Doctoral Candidate in American History and American Material Culture, and Instructor at the University of Chicago
 Dana Chandler, University Archivist and Associate Professor, Tuskegee University Archives
 Christopher Harter, Deputy Director and/or Lisa C. Moore, Reference Archivist, Amistad Research Center
Aaisha Haykal, Manager of Archival Services, Avery Institute of Afro-American History & Culture
Sarah Tanner,  Head, Archives Research Center, Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
Please register here.<https://dpla.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UQSVTz5uT6-a4CM9BWyDzg?mc_cid=6cfe3140d7&mc_eid=%5bUNIQID%5d>

---
Janet Carleton | Working from home | https://www.ohio.edu/library/coronavirus
Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Preservation and Digital Initiatives | OHIO University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 333 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu | Pronouns: she, her, hers | https://media.library.ohio.edu<https://media.library.ohio.edu/> | @jcarletonoh<https://twitter.com/jcarletonoh> | @AldenLibDigital <https://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital> | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/