[Ohiodig] ODN Call for Working Group Members

jjohnson at library.ohio.gov jjohnson at library.ohio.gov
Thu Aug 16 11:56:36 EDT 2018

Hello, all! We've sent out some updates regarding the governance structure of Ohio Digital Network, and now we're ready to start forming our new Outreach Working Group. This group will be our *only* working group, and will collaborate with staff at ODN to develop and implement varied outreach efforts, possibly including projects such as supplementary training or tutorial materials for specific groups like teachers or genealogists and fun tech projects working with DPLA's API and ODN materials.

If your institution is currently participating in ODN (or working towards it in preparation for harvest) and this sounds like something you'd be interested in, we encourage you to apply here<https://goo.gl/forms/C2roxJ31dn3BXGQB3> by EOB August 31, 2018.
We're looking for about 10 members, max, and positions will rotate in 2 or 3 year terms.
Meetings will be held at least quarterly, and while the final charge and schedule will be set by the Working Group's chair, I'd imagine it will be just a few hours a month of a work commitment.

I'm intentionally leaving details a little vague to encourage the creativity and autonomy of the group once it forms, but if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best!

We're very excited to refocus on outreach efforts now that we're building collections in DPLA, and to see where this next step leads.

Thank you!

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D43554.CEFFE9B0]
Jen Johnson
(she/her/hers)
Library Consultant
Ohio Digital Network Project Coordinator
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
[cid:image012.png at 01D43554.CEFFE9B0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Description: Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Description: Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image015.png at 01D43554.CEFFE9B0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>