[Ohiodig] ArchivesSpace Installation and IT Queries

Crawford, Meghan mcrawford32 at capital.edu
Wed Mar 27 15:06:38 EDT 2024

Good afternoon,

My name is Meghan Crawford and I am one of the librarians at Capital University.  I am still relatively new to the OhioDig community but appreciate the breadth of knowledge and wisdom within this community of archivists, librarians, and cultural heritage professionals. The tremendous support you all offer means so much to me as a novice in archives and digital collections management.

Our institution has been in communication with our IT Department about acquiring and installing ArchivesSpace. At our latest meeting, IT asked if we might provide contacts for them to reach out to regarding the installation process, configuration settings, technical requirements, etc. to make the process as seamless as possible. I do not know if anyone would be willing or able to speak to their experience or direct us to someone who might be able to answer these questions? Additionally, if you have any recommendations on how best to estimate anticipated digital storage needs for one year, we would greatly appreciate it. We are trying to provide IT with an estimate of how much server space we might require for bringing our collections online (including finding aids, collection/item records, and digitized materials).

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to seeing you all in May!

Sincerely,

Meghan Crawford
Institutional Memory and Scholarship Librarian
Blackmore Library
p 614-236-7259 | f 614-236-6490

Capital University
1 College and Main