[Ohiodig] Upcoming OhioNet Event

Grace Freeman gfreeman at columbuslibrary.org
Wed Mar 6 12:09:05 EST 2024

May be of interest to someone you know.

Grace

Digitization Basics starts on 4/11 with 101: Entry-level Scanning and Metadata Entry

This series focuses on the nuts and bolts of digitizing: scanning and metadata. It is designed so those with no digitization experience can start with Digitization Basics 101 and follow along through the entire series, while more experienced users can jump in with Digitization Basics 102 or 103.

Each session will feature a different style of scanner and ways to apply metadata to make the most of your digital collections.

Thinking about digitizing your collections, but have no idea where to start? This is the webinar for you! This session focuses on flatbed scanners and foundational Dublin Core metadata fields.

Learn more and register for this event here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/digitization-basics-101-entry-level-scanning-and-metadata-entry?swcfpc=1>.

Other upcoming events –

  *   4/2-4/5 – Come see us at the PLA 2024 Conference<https://www.placonference.org/event/016e56a2-bc16-4851-a9ce-699d90a92e7c/summary?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_5WvBhBAEiwAZtCU797XZGnjRMpDPLSqJC6PBmpFsVbTo7yaNVc8JkG1UM9h1KEVoh2rBxoC-TUQAvD_BwE>! OhioNet will be in the Exhibits Hall at Booth 508.
  *   4/9 – Indie Author Project Demonstration<https://www.ohionet.org/event/indie-author-project-demonstration?swcfpc=1>
  *   4/18 – Inclusive Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/event/inclusive-cataloging-2?swcfpc=1>
  *   4/25 – Designing Delight: Visual Merchandising Strategies for Libraries<https://www.ohionet.org/event/designing-delight-visual-merchandising-strategies-for-libraries?swcfpc=1>
  *   5/9 – Digitization Basics 102: Intermediate Scanning and Metadata<https://www.ohionet.org/event/digitization-basics-102-intermediate-scanning-and-metadata?swcfpc=1>
  *   5/16 – Exploring Authority Records <https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-authority-records-2?swcfpc=1>
  *   6/6 – Digitization Basics 103: Advanced Scanning and Metadata<https://www.ohionet.org/event/digitization-basics-103-advanced-scanning-and-metadata?swcfpc=1>
  *   6/13 – MARC Coding Review<https://www.ohionet.org/event/marc-coding-review-2?swcfpc=1>

Please visit our Training page<https://www.ohionet.org/training?swcfpc=1> for event details and registration. Need help or have questions? We’re happy to help! Reach out to our team at ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org?subject=>.

Grace Freeman │ Librarian, Local History & Genealogy

Columbus Metropolitan Library │ Main Library
96 S. Grant Ave. │ Columbus, OH 43215
614.849.1240
gfreeman at columbuslibrary.org<mailto:gfreeman at columbuslibrary.org>│columbuslibrary.org<http://columbuslibrary.org>

My pronouns are: she/her/hers

[cid:966b9380-9995-4e96-b7ae-bf7afbae3766]