[Ohiodig] Digitally Archiving Zoom Meetings

David Distelhorst ddistelhorst at bexleylibrary.org
Sun Apr 19 22:39:21 EDT 2020

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has advice regarding or can recommend a resource to
consult. I am exploring copyright and other intellectual property right
issues as they would pertain to digitally archiving meetings recorded with
Zoom specifically and any other related platform generally and archiving
screenshots of such.

I could not determine from Zoom's policies who the copyright owner to the
recorded meeting would be. If it is the entity that produced the meeting I
am good to go as I have permission from that entity to archive it and/or
screenshots of it to my library's digital archive. However, if Zoom,
whose trademarked logo appears in the video can claim any rights to it then
that might be another issue.

Thanks,

David

--

[image: BPL Logo] <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/>

*David Distelhorst **(he/his)*

Local History Librarian

ddistelhorst at bexleylibrary.org <ajones at bexleylibrary.org>

Bexley Public Library <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/> | Where Curiosity
Meets Discovery

(614) 231-2793 | 2411 E. Main St. Bexley, OH 43209

Reading * The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in
History, *by John M. Barry

[image: BPL Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL
Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL Instagram]
<http://www.instagram.com/bexleylibrary>