[Ohiodig] OCLC Virtual Town Hall: Libraries and the COVID-19 Crisis - FREE
carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 6 15:25:04 EDT 2020
OCLC Virtual Town Hall: Libraries and the COVID-19 Crisis
A 90-minute virtual town hall exploring how libraries of all types are managing the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
The COVID-19 crisis has created a strain on both the personal and professional lives of library staff everywhere. As libraries respond to rapidly evolving information and guidelines, building closures, and loss of resources, staff are considering new, virtual ways to connect with and support patrons and colleagues.
Join us for a 90-minute OCLC virtual town hall with a welcome from Skip Prichard, President and CEO of OCLC<https://www.oclc.org/>. This live event will feature WebJunction and OCLC Research Library Partnership program staff and four guest panelists from public, academic, special, and school libraries who will share their experiences with the shifting landscape, including how libraries are moving services, programming, and learning online.
Panelists will also discuss methods for taking care of ourselves and one another as we grapple with the stress and fear that results from a crisis of this magnitude. Having a strong network of support is essential to everyone's well-being, so we want to hear from you, too. Please bring your ideas, questions, and insights, and plan to participate via chat and in other interactive elements of the town hall.
* Lauren Pressley, Associate Dean for Research & Learning Services, University of Washington Libraries<https://www.lib.washington.edu/>, and Past President, Association of College & Research Libraries
* Kendra Jones, Deputy Director, Timberland Regional Library<https://www.trl.org/> (WA)
* Bobbi Newman, writer, consultant (librarianbyday.net<https://librarianbyday.net/>), and Community Engagement and Outreach Specialist, National Network of Libraries of Medicine<https://nnlm.gov/> (NNLM), Greater Midwest Region (GMR)
* Ashley Cooksey, Library Media Specialist, Consultant, and Adjunct Instructor, University of Central Arkansas (ashleycooksey.com<https://www.ashleycooksey.com/>)
* Rachel Frick, Executive Director, Research Library Partnership<https://www.oclc.org/research/partnership.html>, OCLC
* Kendra Morgan, Senior Program Manager, WebJunction<https://www.webjunction.org/>
Tweet: #libs4health #OCLCcovidtownhall
* View Town Hall Recording (Coming Soon)
* View slides (pdf) (Coming Soon)
* View chat (xls) (Coming Soon)
* View captions (txt) (Coming Soon)
Related Resources and Links
* OCLC COVID-19 Information and Resources to Help<https://www.oclc.org/en/covid-19.html>
* Including WebJunction Resources
* Evolving list of resources<https://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/libraries-and-the-coronavirus.html>, including examples of how libraries are managing the COVID-19 crisis, links to other library-specific resource compilations, and relevant events
* How to keep hours current in search engine listings<https://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/keeping-your-hours-current-in-online-searches.html>
* How libraries are communicating with their communities<https://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/social-library-153.html>
* Course catalog<https://learn.webjunction.org/> of free online professional development for library staff
Janet Carleton | Working from home
Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Preservation and Digital Initiatives | OHIO University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 333 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | Pronouns: she, her, hers | https://media.library.ohio.edu | @jcarletonoh<https://twitter.com/jcarletonoh> | @AldenLibDigital <https://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital> | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ohiodig