[Ohiodig] Seeking Ohio archivists for Archives on the Hill Washington DC advocacy event

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Thu May 17 13:50:02 EDT 2018

From: OHIOARCHIVISTS <ohioarchivists-bounces at lists.oplin.org> On Behalf Of Elise Kelly via OHIOARCHIVISTS
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 12:28 PM
To: ohioarchivists at lists.oplin.org
Subject: [SOA] Clarification: Archives on the Hill

Hello again,
I would like to clarify the recent email that I sent out. The Archives on the Hill Planning Committee is looking for any Ohio archivist who would be willing to travel to Washington D.C. (you don't need to be attending SAA to participate in this advocacy event.) Please email me if you are interested in participating in this event. My email address is ekelly at cppsdayton.org<mailto:ekelly at cppsdayton.org>.
Below is a short summary of the event.
As part of this year's SAA Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, along with SAA, CoSA, and NAGARA, RAAC is excited to announce a new event: Archives on the Hill<https://www2.archivists.org/am2018/attend/archives-on-the-hill>, a daylong advocacy program for archivists. Prior to the Annual Meeting, we'll train participants in key advocacy skills through a series of webinars. Then, on August 14th, we'll spend the day meeting with Congressional staffers in small groups to talk about specific issues in our profession pertaining to funding, copyright, and electronic records. We are hoping to talk to legislators currently serving on committees that determine the allocation of federal arts and education budgets.
Thanks,
Elise Kelly
Co-Chair SOA Advocacy & Outreach