[Ohiodig] Advice on Multi-Page TIFFs

Eugene Rutigliano earutigl at owu.edu
Thu Jun 7 11:41:57 EDT 2018

Seconding Linda's suggestion.  It's an extremely robust (and free) image
conversion and editing program with a lot of community support.  It
operates via command line and the site includes an extensive tutorial about
how to use it.  I think the 'convert' command should allow you to split
multi-page TIFFs into separate files.  I've used it to split GIFs into the
component images like this:

convert image.gif output%d.gif

with %d numbering the output images in order of their sequence in the
original file.

Good luck!

Eugene

--
Eugene Rutigliano
Digital Initiatives Librarian & Curator, OWU Historical Collection