[Ohiodig] Portable Pass Through Scanner Recommendations
Noah Stegman Rechtin
noah at tswm.org
Fri Sep 11 14:27:13 EDT 2026
Dear All,
I'm considering a pass through scanner for our museum and was wondering if
anyone had recommendations for one? It would only have to handle 8.5" x 11"
sheets of paper, but I would need it to be portable and not exceedingly
slow, as there is at least one offsite project for which I would like to
use it. (As an example, I was envisioning something like these
<http://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-portable-document-scanner>.)
The
documents it would be scanning would not be *particularly* fragile (e.g.
80-year old technical manual pages), but I am also curious if anyone knows
how gentle (or not) they can be. Any advice would be appreciated!
Sincerely,
Noah Stegman Rechtin
*Collections Manager & Museum Attendant*
*Tri-State Warbird Museum <http://www.tri-statewarbirdmuseum.org/>*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.library.ohio.gov/pipermail/ohiodig/attachments/20260911/ce59577d/attachment.htm>
More information about the Ohiodig
mailing list