[Ohiodig] Copyright for Archival Newspapers' webinar. 2/27/24

PShumaker at library.ohio.gov PShumaker at library.ohio.gov
Wed Jan 24 14:22:00 EST 2024

Perhaps of interest

The PA Digital Rights team will host an event at the end of February on Copyright for Archival Newspapers. We hope to see many of you there. This event is open to the public, so please feel free to share the information with interested colleagues.

Copyright for Archival Newspapers
February 27, 1 to 2 p.m. Eastern, on Zoom (Please register in advance<https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NueB_5mRRgyL5rCF9s3ZzQ#/registration>.)

Do you have copyright questions about digitizing archival newspapers? At this event, Ana Enriquez from the PA Digital Rights Team will cover how to check public domain status, analyze fair use, and assign rights statements, with a focus on newspapers published in the United States. This workshop will be an update and expansion of our 2019 module, Copyright for Archival Newspapers. To view that module in English and Spanish, visit our Rights Resources page<https://padigital.org/rights-resources/>.

All the best,

-PA Digital Rights Team

[cid:image001.png at 01DA4ED0.C5878CD0]
Penelope Shumaker (She/her/hers)
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
[cid:image002.png at 01DA4ED0.C5878CD0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [cid:image003.png at 01DA4ED0.C5878CD0] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [cid:image004.png at 01DA4ED0.C5878CD0] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01DA4ED0.C5878CD0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.