[Ohiodig] OhioMemory / ContentDM Question

Hydy Cates hcates1 at cscc.edu
Tue Feb 27 08:36:01 EST 2024

Hi Friends,

So, I've gotten my first set of objects up in OhioMemory<https://ohiomemory.org/digital/collection/p16007coll130> and I've run into a metadata ?formatting? problem.

My subjects are all showing up together as one subject and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I put commas between the different subjects initially (probably wrong). I tried changing to semicolons on one of the subjects, but now it just shows up in the subject facet list as a single subject with no punctuation (technical institutes college buildings) though in the objects, the semicolon appears. All on one line, with no linking in the object metadata to other subjects of the same name.

This latter and maybe also former seems to also be an issue with Place names, though I started with semicolon separation?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hydy Cates, MLIS
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Columbus Hall | Library