[Ohiodig] Call for participation in Digitization Cost Assessment working group, part of DLF Assessment Interest Group

Rachel Marie Senese rsenese at gsu.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:07:53 EST 2024

This email is an invitation to participate in the Digital Library Federation Assessment Interest Group's (DLF AIG) working group on Cost Assessment<https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:Costs> in 2024. There is more information about the group below, but first, a few words about participating in DLF AIG.

The only requirement for participation in a DLF AIG working group is a willingness to dig in and devote a small part of your time contributing to the tools, methods, and body of knowledge on digital library assessment. Neither being a DLF institutional member nor attendance at the DLF forum is a requirement for participation in any of the working groups.

Cost Assessment working group in 2024

The Cost Working group is an ideal place for digital lab practitioners and managerial staff alike to come together to talk about practical ways to assess the resources necessary to plan and execute successful digitization projects. The group's primary task has traditionally been to collect, aggregate, and share data on the time (and money) it takes to perform various tasks involved in the digitization process to help with project planning and benchmarking.

Based on members' shared interests, the AIG Cost Assessment group has previously worked in areas such as insourcing vs. outsourcing, a registry for vendors, assessing scans per linear feet, best practices, and cost estimation. Our current goal is to finalize and publicize our survey work, and reevaluate our mission statement and scope of work.

How can you participate?

Join us at our working meetings<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AGH5fb1SBO2TGYp5ZXJecE8H8aOAZnpoSWbBEIBVuhc/edit?usp=sharing> on the second Monday of each month at 3pm (eastern) / 2pm (central) / 1pm (mountain) / 12pm (pacific).

  *   Zoom details will be shared through the Google Group prior to the meeting.
  *   Alternatively, you can email either Paula Kiser or Rachel Senese Myers directly (see email addresses below) for call-in information.

We are seeking individuals with survey data analysis experience or interest in gaining some!

For questions about the larger DLF Assessment Interest Group, contact the DLF AIG co-leaders, Kate Flynn kef at chicagocollections.org<mailto:kef at chicagocollections.org> and Santi Thompson sathompson3 at uh.edu.

Thank you for participating in the DLF AIG!

Paula Kiser (kiserp at wlu.edu) and Rachel Senese Myers (rsenese at gsu.edu<mailto:rsenese at gsu.edu>)

DLF AIG Cost Group co-facilitators