[Ohiodig] Preferred vendors for a yearbook digitization project?

Corey Baker cbbaker at columbusschoolforgirls.org
Fri Oct 6 10:43:34 EDT 2023

Hey digitization experts,

I'm thinking about digitizing the CSG yearbooks and I found this OPLIN guide
<https://library.ohio.gov/documents/youre-thinking-vendor-digitize-yearbooks/>
but
it doesn't have any preferred vendors. I called OPLIN, who referred me to
consultants at the state library, who referred me to this listserv.

Do any of you have preferred local vendors for digitization?
Do you know of any other local schools who have digitized their yearbooks?

My searches have led me to this vendor
<https://www.myvintagesolutions.com/yearbookscanning>but I'd love to talk
with someone at an institution with some experience.

I've talked to the digitization folks at Columbus Metro Library, our local
digitization hub. They're great but we're not ready to make all our records
publicly available so we're investigating other options.

Corey

--

*Corey Baker (he/him/his)*

*Director of Library ServicesDirector, Center for Equity & Belonging*

*Columbus School for Girls* <http://www.columbusschoolforgirls.org/>

65 S. Drexel Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43209
PH: 614-252-0781 ext.129