[Ohiodig] Reminder: Register for OhioDIG In-Person 5/23 -Implementing FADGI Guidelines

Carleton, Janet (she/her) carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 19 16:28:40 EDT 2023

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group for our first in-person meeting since spring 2020! The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at the Columbus Metropolitan Library, Main Library<https://www.columbuslibrary.org/library-locations/>.

Registration:  Open until Friday, May 12th, 5 p.m. or until room capacity of 56 is reached. Google Form: https://forms.gle/iit4V66X7SrvVsx59 .

(Please note: for in-person meetings we plan to both open and close registration earlier than the "last minute" schedule we tend to with the virtual meetings.)

Topic: Implementing FADGI Guidelines

Learn about the software, equipment, and tools that Ohio organizations use to meet FADGI standards.

"FADGI is a collaborative effort started in 2007 by federal agencies to articulate common sustainable practices and guidelines for digitized and born digital historical, archival and cultural content." FADGI Guidelines<https://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/>

Speakers: We are accepting proposals for speakers for this meeting.

Proposals from all types of organizations are welcome! We're interested in hearing from you regardless of how far along you are in the tools or methods you use when implementing FADGI; your experience will have much to offer the OhioDIG community. There will be roughly 45 minutes reserved for presentations split among the speakers, with a Q&A after. If you would like to share how you implement FADGI guidelines in your organization's digitization projects, please reach out to our Program Contacts listed below!

Program Contacts: Nicole Sutton, Columbus Metropolitan Library (nsutton at columbuslibrary.org<mailto:nsutton at columbuslibrary.org>) & Penelope Shumaker, State Library of Ohio (pshumaker at library.ohio.gov<mailto:pshumaker at library.ohio.gov>)

Host: Nicole Sutton, Columbus Metropolitan Library