[Ohiodig] call for presenters on Digital Storage options -- Jan. 2023 meeting

Emily Rinaman rinamaem at tiffinsenecalibrary.org
Thu Oct 20 08:25:42 EDT 2022

Besides physical space, digitization requires a plan of action for digital space, as well. As cultural heritage institutions digitize more and more historical, fragile and unique items, possible creating room in our offices, storage units, and buildings, at the same time we are creating a collection of digital objects that also take up space, just in a different form. OhioDig is working on a session about digital storage for its January 2023 virtual meeting. We are looking for individuals willing to share how their organizations are storing their digital files, how decisions about storage are made, what types of files are receiving preservation actions and what types are not, digital storage preservation standards you follow or anything else related to digital storage. Typically, these presentations last about 30-45 minutes long, or about 10-15 minutes if we design it panel-style. If you are willing to present on your digital storage policies, please contact Emily Rinaman at 419-447-3751 or rinamaem at tiffinsenecalibrary.org or Susan Hernandez at 216-707-2660 or shernandez at clevelandart.org.

Thank you so much!

Emily Rinaman, MLIS University of South Carolina

Technical Services Manager

Tiffin-Seneca Public Library

77 Jefferson St., Tiffin, OH 44883

419-447-3751