[Ohiodig] "Jellification" of Text

Noah Stegman Rechtin noah at tswm.org
Tue May 31 18:48:59 EDT 2022

Dear All,

What causes this "jellification" of this document
<http://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/45719>? Compare with a normal
version <http://archive.org/details/evaluationofscho08flex> of the exact
same document as found on the Internet Archive. It almost looks like the
file was changed from a raster to a vector image.

I've run into it a few times – although never with anything I've scanned –
and the best explanation I can think of is that it has something to do with
text recognition software. For text only documents it's not a major issue,
but unfortunately I've seen it turn some diagrams into an unreadable mess.

Sincerely,
Noah Stegman Rechtin
*Tri-State Warbird Museum <http://tri-statewarbirdmuseum.org/>*
*Collections Manager & Museum Attendant*