[Ohiodig] "Jellification" of Text

Klose, Annamarie C. klose.16 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:58:09 EDT 2022

Noah,

It’s probably related to the OCR conversion process. It’s something that I’m used to seeing occur often. On a related or unrelated note, here is an older post from a digitization expert (https://page2pixel.org/2013/08/when-copiers-arent-copying-as-they-should/) that mentions copy/scan stations interpreting numbers incorrectly and changing them in derivatives. The blogger is a former colleague who is respected in the digitization field.

Anna

[The Ohio State University]
Annamarie C. Klose, MLIS
Metadata Initiatives Librarian
Assistant Professor
The Ohio State University Libraries
120B Library Tech Center, 1165 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212
614-292-3257 Office
klose.16 at osu.edu<mailto:klose.16 at osu.edu> / library.osu.edu<http://library.osu.edu>