[Ohiodig] Ohio IR Day June 15 features COAR Executive Director Kathleen Shearer

Wildermuth, Jane S. jane.wildermuth at wright.edu
Thu May 20 13:27:02 EDT 2021

The planning team for the Summer 2021 Ohio Institutional Repository Day is pleased to announce that Kathleen Shearer, executive director of the Confederation of Open-Access Repositories - COAR - will join us Tuesday, June 15, as our keynote speaker.

Shearer has titled her talk "The Critical Role of Repositories in Building a More Inclusive, Equitable and Sustainable Scholarly Communications System." She has spoken internationally on the subject, notably as the keynote speaker at the Open Repositories Conference in June 2020.

Shearer is the lead author of "Fostering Bibliodiversity in Scholarly Communications: A Call for Action," published in April 2020 in Zenodo (https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3752923<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.google.com/url?q=https:**Adoi.org*10.5281*zenodo.3752923&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1621462978037000&usg=AFQjCNELcUEoP2Nku8SNpeqLeEt0ZbWemw__;Ly8vLw!!On18fmf1aQ!l29eZYoqXHUpnokX1I6CDH0MpSOtQ1K3ZojXqiM1LJlf5ou-ohDKAmsG3aLP5mwEr-mDq6uA$>). "Through bibliodiversity," she writes, "we can greatly improve research communications, help correct ... existing biases, while also addressing issues of homogenization and marginalization."
Ohio IR Day is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; registration is free. The full schedule for the day will be released in early June. Register using this Google form<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/kKo5Rsrg9URnkjTu7__;!!On18fmf1aQ!l29eZYoqXHUpnokX1I6CDH0MpSOtQ1K3ZojXqiM1LJlf5ou-ohDKAmsG3aLP5mwEr_v9mxd8$>; a Zoom link will be sent to registrants the week before the event. Note: Please share the invitation with others who may be interested but who are not yet on our distribution list. Looking forward to seeing you.

Maureen Schlangen, University of Dayton
Jane Wildermuth, Wright State University