[Ohiodig] Digitization Grant Suggestions

Noah Stegman Rechtin noah at tswm.org
Sat May 15 11:15:58 EDT 2021

Dear All,

I have a potential digitization project and I was wondering if anyone might
have some suggestions on which grants would best fit the project.

Our museum has a collection of 142 issues of aviation magazines from 1938
to 1946 that we would like to have digitized. I have found a partner
in the Internet
Archive's scanning program <http://archive.org/scanning>. The final cost is
$1,837.68. (For reference, the math is 142 issues at $3.00 per issue
and 11,764 pages at $0.12 per page.)

The only grant I have applied for (and received) before was the Alliance
Digitization Grant
<http://ohiolha.org/what-we-do/grants/alliance-digitization-grants>.
However, it is not applicable in this situation because the collection is
not specifically Ohio related and the plan does not involve uploading the
content to Ohio Memory.

Sincerely,
Noah Stegman Rechtin
*Tri-State Warbird Museum <http://tri-statewarbirdmuseum.org/>*
*Collections Manager & Museum Attendant*