[Ohiodig] Register: OhioDig November 18 (virtual) - Advocating for Digitization Resources

Stephanie Becker sxb891 at case.edu
Fri Oct 30 12:09:42 EDT 2020

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group for a virtual meeting,
hosted by Case Western Reserve University, at 10:30am on Wednesday,
November 18, 2020.

*Registration*: Please register by Friday, November 13, 5pm using this
Google Form <https://forms.gle/DAwi8NR3NhUufzKB6>. (Zoom connection info
will be shared with registered attendees)

*Meeting Topic*: Advocating for Digitization Resources

*Presenters*:
– *Angela O'Neal*, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Manager, Local History &
Genealogy.
*Abstract*: Building a digitization program is a complex process that
requires the ability to advocate for your needs. At CML, we have doubled
our digital collections staffing, increased supply and equipment budgets
and developed a comprehensive digital collection program since I started in
2013. For this presentation, I will discuss how to develop a long-term goal
and then advocate for staffing, equipment and resources.

– *Tressa Graves*, Former AV Assessment & Process Assistant at Ohio State
University
– *Amy McCrory*, Ohio State University, Digitization Program Manager
*Abstract*: OSU Libraries advocated for a full time, dedicated audiovisual
assessment professional to help the organization understand the extent and
nature of our holdings and make informed decisions about selecting items
for digitization. A project based, term appointment was created to fulfill
the role. Our presentation will consider if a project is really a project,
and the limitations of term employment, along with the successes achieved
during the three-year term. Ethical considerations, changes in library
department structure, and unforeseen developments will also be addressed.

- Host: Stephanie Becker (sxb891 at case.edu), Case Western Reserve
University, Digital Collections Manager
- Co-host: Sidney Gao (gaosy at ucmail.uc.edu), University of Cincinnati,
Digital Imaging Coordinator
- Cost: There is no fee for attending
- Site: Zoom* (link will be shared with registered attendees)*

AGENDA
- 10:30 AM - 10:50 AM: Angela O'Neal
- 10:50 AM - 11:10 AM: Tressa Graves & Amy McCrory
- 11:10 AM - 11:30 AM: Q&A
- 11:30 AM - 11:35 AM: Break!
- 11:35 AM - 12:00 PM: Announcements; Attendee updates

About OhioDIG: The Ohio Digitization Interest Group is an informal
discussion group open to those with an interest in digitization, digital
preservation, and access, in the archives/library/museum/historical society
world.

https://ohiodig.org/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ohiodig.org/&sa=D&ust=1604077515574000&usg=AFQjCNEvp2_8e4vCtTq0n0noQstu-kRaXw>
- Meetings: https://ohiodig.org/meetings
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ohiodig.org/meetings&sa=D&ust=1604077515574000&usg=AFQjCNEtB58CQ1i-oTDCr0n-uKz9X13M5A>
- Sign up for Listserv: https://ohiodig.org/listserv
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ohiodig.org/listserv&sa=D&ust=1604077515574000&usg=AFQjCNHzyBa9PoKLXS1bEYa9s_-L0JaUog>
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDIG/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDIG/&sa=D&ust=1604077515575000&usg=AFQjCNGo8HxDs1fBSe7Qb-8duzi1xvT5QQ>
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OhioDIGgroup
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://twitter.com/OhioDIGgroup&sa=D&ust=1604077515575000&usg=AFQjCNEkOvC_AiAJ2C3rBPF_v--nhw_Hhg>

--
Stephanie Becker (she/her/hers)
Digital Collections Manager - Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship
Room 201-S | (216)-368-6596 | sxb891 at case.edu