[Ohiodig] MARC records for digitized items

Bricking, Stephanie Stephanie.Bricking at cincinnatilibrary.org
Fri Oct 16 09:00:15 EDT 2020

Hello all! I wanted to reach out to the list to see if, by any chance, there are people on this list who might be cataloging (creating MARC records) for their digitized items. I am particularly interested in various 5XX fields, such as the 533, 538, 588, and any other notes that you might use to describe the digitized version of the item. We catalog items (mainly digitized books) and upload those records into Sierra.

If you create MARC records for digitized items and are willing to share examples of those MARC records, please feel free to email me off list.

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie

Stephanie L. Bricking
Metadata Librarian
Cataloging & Processing Department
Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library
Stephanie.Bricking at cincinnatilibrary.org<mailto:Stephanie.Bricking at cincinnatilibrary.org>
(513) 665-2891
https://digital.cincinnatilibrary.org/digital/