[Ohiodig] 3D files

Sabharwal, Arjun Arjun.Sabharwal at utoledo.edu
Thu May 28 11:29:47 EDT 2020

Hi Ginnie,

I haven’t really worked with 3D files, but my assumption is that these would all be proprietary (native) project files.  I think, the Adobe Creative Cloud includes an augmented reality: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/3d-augmented-reality.html.  I also thing, you would want to include formats that support 3D printing, but for those, too, you will need to preserve the native project file,  Anyway, what would be “best” in this case?  Can the best be one that is also an open standard?  Is there a preservation format that would retain technical as well as descriptive metadata?

Interesting post!

Arjun

Arjun Sabharwal
Associate Professor & Digital Initiatives Librarian
University Libraries
CL 5036, Mail Stop 509
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390