[Ohiodig] Permission For Photographs of Property/People

David Distelhorst ddistelhorst at bexleylibrary.org
Tue May 19 18:10:56 EDT 2020

Hello,

I would like to hear your thoughts and advice regarding collecting signed
permissions/releases for use of photographs of property/people. When
creating digital collections we consider copyright of material and often
work with previously published materials. I am asking about this in the
context of library produced material involving images of people or private
property.

For instance a project my library is working on in connection with the
local historical society will involve photographing privately owned
property, exteriors of homes, and publishing them online. Should we be
collecting releases?

Thanks,

David

--

[image: BPL Logo] <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/>

*David Distelhorst **(he/his)*

Local History Librarian

ddistelhorst at bexleylibrary.org <ajones at bexleylibrary.org>

Bexley Public Library <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/> | Where Curiosity
Meets Discovery

(614) 231-2793 | 2411 E. Main St. Bexley, OH 43209

Reading * The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in
History, *by John M. Barry

[image: BPL Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL
Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL Instagram]
<http://www.instagram.com/bexleylibrary>