[Ohiodig] Fw: Bill Morris Will Be Interim Executive Director of State Library

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Mar 20 11:11:14 EDT 2020

From: marshams at library.ohio.gov
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:08 AM
To: 'ohlib at lists.library.ohio.gov'
Subject: [Ohlib] Bill Morris Will Be Interim Executive Director of State Library

Please excuse multiple postings…

[cid:09e4f2be-1704-48c3-a164-ff6cc91249c1]The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce the State Library Board has appointed Bill Morris<mailto:wmorris at library.ohio.gov> as Interim Executive Director starting April 1, 2020, following the retirement of State Librarian Beverly Cain. He will serve in this position until a new State Librarian is appointed.

“We are very pleased to have Bill serve as Interim Executive Director,” stated Board President Laurie Gemmill Arp.  “Bill is well positioned for this role given his long tenure with the State Library, his experience with the Ohio library community, and his extensive knowledge and experience with Ohio's state government. These will be especially important during this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Bill has worked at the State Library for over 25 years. He was promoted to Governmental Affairs Coordinator in 2006 and prior to that served as Executive Assistant to the State Librarian since 1994. Bill is an administrator in the State Librarian’s Office and member of the State Library executive team. He has been responsible for legislative affairs for the State Library at both the State and Federal levels throughout his career and is the National Library Legislative Day Statewide Coordinator. In 2014 he was recognized by the Ohio Library Council (OLC) as Citizen of the Year. The award honors citizens in Ohio who have made a significant contribution that has had a positive influence on library services throughout the State of Ohio.

“I am honored by the confidence the Board has placed in me to lead the State Library during the transition to a new State Librarian” expressed Morris. “We face an unprecedented challenge ahead. Thankfully, State Librarian Beverly Cain’s outstanding leadership over the past ten years has laid the groundwork for us to continue to provide our services to libraries, state government, and Ohio residents as best we can during this time.”

Prior to working for the State Library, Bill served as a Legislative Aide in the Ohio House of Representatives for eight years, including serving as committee aide to the House Colleges and Universities Subcommittee.

###

[cid:2bc54083-1cab-43f3-9e13-24cd21ec811c]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue