[Ohiodig] "Collections as Data" lecture from OSU

Lily Birkhimer lbirkhimer at ohiohistory.org
Wed Mar 18 10:08:01 EDT 2020

Hi all,

During our March meeting, I mentioned a recent lecture from the Ohio State University Science Sundays series called "Collections as Data: Combining Data Science and the Power of Library Collections to Unlock New Understanding," presented by Kate Zwaard, Director of Digital Strategy at the Library of Congress. The topic ties in nicely to our recurring discussion theme of leveraging digital collections, touching on crowdsourcing, data visualization, new ways of interacting with digital content, etc.

You can read more about the lecture here<https://artsandsciences.osu.edu/news-events/events/science-sundayscollections-data-combining-data-science-and-power-library>, and can now see a full recording on the Science Sundays YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TX9cF3Kvo&list=PLJqUkHeXIUqdv7RlqV9nlXq17bofXMVTu>. I hope this is a helpful professional development resource for OhioDIG folks, especially as many of us are working remotely at the moment. Best wishes to everyone.

Lily

Lily Birkhimer | Digital Projects Coordinator

Ohio History Connection | 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43211

p. 614.297.2558 | f. 614.297.2546  | lbirkhimer at ohiohistory.org<mailto:lbirkhimer at ohiohistory.org>

[cid:f30537d4-3d8d-494d-b2c0-744e30f3af82]<https://www.facebook.com/ohiohistoryconnection>[cid:482f10c9-a119-4b2a-9366-7ae5f0644e20]<https://twitter.com/OhioHistory>

The Ohio History Connection’s mission<https://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us> is to spark discovery of Ohio’s stories. Embrace the present, share the past and transform the future.