[Ohiodig] LSTA modules

DRESSLER, Virginia vdressle at kent.edu
Thu Jul 23 13:59:08 EDT 2020

Hi all-

As I mentioned in the updates today at OhioDIG, I've been working on an LSTA grant with Drs. Soyka and Gracy from the School of Information. Originally, we had planned some in-person workshops to complement the mobile digitization grant project, and now we're in the process of creating online Modules.

We're hoping to incorporate as many Ohio examples when possible, so I was hoping to do a little crowdsourcing and see if this group might be aware of materials we could point to from these Modules. (We liked the idea of using more local examples when we could vs. LoC, NARA, etc.). One (non-Ohio) example of this that I used to love to use for training is the Cornell Moving Theory into Practice- http://preservationtutorial.library.cornell.edu/ (no longer maintained, but what a great resource!)

These would be things already on public websites that we could link to as resources.

Here are the broad categories and subcategories:

  *   Basics of Digital Imaging
     *   Equipment
     *   Digital Capture Basics
     *   Metadata Creation
     *   Project Management
     *   Assessment
     *   Collection Development
  *   Planning and Executing a Mobile Digitization Event
     *
Mobile Digitization vs. In-House Digitization
     *
Outreach Activities
     *
Collection Development/Appraisal
     *
Intellectual Property Concerns
     *
Planning Events
     *
Importance of Reliable Workflows for Public Event Activities

Thanks in advance, hive mind!

Ginnie

--
Virginia Dressler, MA, MLIS