[Ohiodig] OCR with cursive typewriter font

Phillips, Carrie phillipsc at bluffton.edu
Wed Feb 26 10:43:13 EST 2020

Colleagues,

If you've had success with OCR on typewritten documents produced with a cursive typewriter font, could you reply with your procedure?

I'm using ABBYY FineReader 14 for OCR with scanned documents, but I've run into a snag on this particular issue, and I haven't come up with the right help and/or Google search that will answer this question.  Is there a font or filter add-on which I need to install?  Surely someone has figured this out...

See here for a font that is similar: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/13/type-samples-from-smith-corona.html

Thanks,
Carrie

--
Carrie Phillips
Archives & Special Collections Librarian
phillipsc at bluffton.edu