[Ohiodig] State Library to Remain Closed - Staff Teleworking

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 3 12:30:47 EDT 2020

From: ohlib-bounces at lists.library.ohio.gov <ohlib-bounces at lists.library.ohio.gov> On Behalf Of marshams at library.ohio.gov
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 11:59 AM
To: 'ohlib at lists.library.ohio.gov' <ohlib at lists.library.ohio.gov>
Subject: [Ohlib] State Library to Remain Closed - Staff Teleworking

Please excuse multiple postings...

A message from the State Library

We continue closely monitoring information and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, and the Ohio Department of Health.  Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has asked that each State department continue the existing telework arrangement for their employees beyond the original three-week order. Yesterday, an Amended Director's Order that All Persons Stay Safe at Home Unless Engaged in Essential Work or Activity<https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/DirectorsOrderStayAtHome.pdf> was signed and will remain in full force and effect until 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2020. Therefore, the State Library will not reopen until at least May 4, 2020. During this time, State Library staff will continue to telework from home. The telework arrangement includes our Serving Every Ohioan (SEO) Service Center in Caldwell.

The State Library recently launched a Coronavirus Information and Resources<https://library.ohio.gov/coronavirus-information-resources/> page on our website. There you will find lists of information, resources, and learning opportunities related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The webpage is organized into the following areas:

  *   Government Information and Resources
  *   For Everyone
  *   For Libraries
  *   Additional Learning Opportunities
  *   Expanded Access to Library Resources
  *   Resources for Economic Support
  *   State Library News
  *
While the State Library is closed, online reference help via our website and digital resources including the Ohio Digital Library will remain available. In addition, our Library Programs and Development (LPD) division staff continue to assist libraries. Email <https://library.ohio.gov/about/staff/> is the preferred method for contacting staff.

During this time, loan periods will be extended for physical items currently checked-out and we ask that patrons refrain from returning these items to the library. The option for requesting items for new check-outs will be deactivated.
###

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D609AF.2224EB60]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer