[Ohiodig] CFP: pre-conference proposals Code4Lib2020 in Pittsburgh

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:26:34 EDT 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <CODE4LIB at LISTS.CLIR.ORG> On Behalf Of Jason Glenn
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:05 PM
To: CODE4LIB at LISTS.CLIR.ORG
Subject: [CODE4LIB] We are now accepting pre-conference proposals for Code4Lib2020

We are now accepting pre-conference proposals for the 2020 Code4Lib conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. These pre-conferences can either be a 1-day (six hour) or a 1/2-day session (three hour) and will occur on Sunday, March 8, 2020.

Code4Lib 2020 is a loosely-structured conference that provides people working at the intersection of libraries/archives/museums/cultural heritage and technology with a chance to share ideas, be inspired, and forge collaborations. For more information about the Code4Lib community, please visit

The pre-conference sessions give folks a space to share and build knowledge, as well as to teach attendees new skills relevant to library technology. Pre-conference sessions can range from workshops to working sessions. We welcome a variety of ideas and encourage submissions from first-time presenters and members of groups not well-represented within the Code4Lib community, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT+.

To propose a session, please go here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx95r2tJExNVDkBOdKdKe2jKij7lHhTcja7aXgDS1z9mmFPQ/viewform

If you're looking for inspiration, there are many great examples of pre-conferences from last year. To view these, visit https://2019.code4lib.org/workshops/ & https://2018.code4lib.org/workshops/

We are taking proposals until Friday, October 4, 2019, 5 PST / 8 EST. After a period of public voting on workshops, we hope to confirm sessions with the facilitators shortly after.

 If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at jglenn at andrew.cmu.edu<mailto:jglenn at andrew.cmu.edu>.

Best,

Jason Glenn on behalf of the
Code4Lib 2020 Pre-conference Committee