[Ohiodig] Call for Proposals - ALAO Annual Conference

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 25 19:54:21 EST 2019

From: Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) <admin at alaoweb.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 11:00 AM
To: Carleton, Janet <carleton at ohio.edu>
Subject: Call for Proposals - ALAO Annual Conference

[https://www.alaoweb.org/EmailTracker/EmailTracker.ashx?emailCode=JhO4hL%2fZQSHNCZoBRB%2fMJ3ZFfLDLF1WzZF4iSYFhhmbHs%2forDdXMR2lozAwCXEeVLWZN8Q1ri1waWe7TOiBrwBIUV0ZhDwqZp5tEtY54YoY%3d]

The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) conference planning committee invites you to submit proposals for the 45th Annual Conference, Libraries Speak Up! Advocate. Collaborate. Educate., which will highlight the myriad  ways we respectfully, effectively, and equitably speak up for our profession, our libraries, and our patrons through advocacy, collaboration, and education. All facets of the library community are invited to submit a presentation from public and technical services to librarians, staff, and students. Proposal formats include posters, roundtables, and 45-minute presentations.

Conference Date: October 18, 2019

Conference Location: Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center in Columbus, Ohio

Submission Deadline:  April 12, 2019

Submission Form: https://goo.gl/forms/8Ju2s7ezbsKqv4bz2<https://www.alaoweb.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=YsPMj%2fc9oce5Uf5VQHsJr6cY%2bwtlxsglv0bE4FAAKOtykDhpsK54oFm59%2bYTtrgiyAJCirtpMA1F9iIFUCtWMpoBcV1%2f3GwJwF%2boze0D0tg%3d>

We encourage thoughtful, timely proposals from all areas of library work. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

•         Innovative collaborations

•         Advocacy efforts for our patrons, our libraries, and the profession

•         Advocating for social justice and equity

•         Demonstrating value and telling our story

•         Outreach, including outreach to marginalized groups

•         Library instruction and information literacy

•         Advocacy, collaboration, or innovation in collections work

•         Marketing and communications

More information and submission guidelines are available on the conference website<https://www.alaoweb.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=F%2b3XFBhWYMpUbjfTjALP8sYE7uARLPvJZOFNkJSsmmKlV0OBVsvDNMh53817K4PPgPk6j3CdN7NPLAs1QTEQiCkm7%2bzc4FfvYMg%2bhjb1TrY%3d>

All presenters are responsible for their own registration and travel costs.

If you have questions, please visit the website<https://www.alaoweb.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=mwA9gTzj6MmesF8cxRlmi5fPW5c0RtpNHmWqJmlVLYY%2bnv9%2fuC3Xlc0Q2BbQPvzPejywKNtV0WFiU4DyGR9Nmexce5nnSkvM5tcgvYd9HJ0%3d> or contact Daniela Solomon and Allen Reichert by email at program at alaoweb.org<mailto:program at alaoweb.org>