[Ohiodig] *External* Metadata Backup-CONTENTdm Users

Aaron O'Donovan aodonovan at columbuslibrary.org
Mon Feb 11 17:57:49 EST 2019

Hi Amia,

I might be able to provide some insight on this topic. Currently we store our metadata only on CONTENTdm, but in the next few months we are adding all of our digital images to their Preservation Archive. At that time I am going  to export all the corresponding metadata with the collections we archive.

What I have done in the past is relatively easy to do. Go to the collection on CONTENTdm Administration and Export All, this exports all the metadata associated with the images in that collection on CONTENTdm. There is a limit to how many records you can export at once, but there is a work around to export more records I have found if you are interested in doing this process. You could also do this on a schedule to set your mind at ease. Send me an e-mail if you want to know more about how I have done this in the best with huge record sets to get around the limit.

Thanks,

Aaron M. O'Donovan │ Digitization & Local History Librarian
Columbus Metropolitan Library │ Local History & Genealogy
96 S. Grant Ave. │ Columbus, OH 43215
614.849.1246 office
aodonovan at columbuslibrary.org<mailto:aodonovan at columbuslibrary.org>