[Ohiodig] Looking for footage/photos of Billy Milligan

Prudence Arndt prue.archive at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 07:38:26 EST 2019

Hello,
For a 3-part TV series on Billy Milligan (aka William Stanley Milligan)
called "BILLY", we're looking for *any* coverage
of this case - footage, photos or radio - from 1977 - 2014. The production
company is Upside TV, Paris, and the series will be
broadcast internationally.

Milligan suffered from what was then known as Multiple Personality Disorder and
was the first person in the US to be acquitted of serious crimes,
based on that diagnosis, in December, 1978. The case made national
headlines. Although Billy eventually recovered after many years in various
mental asylums in Ohio, his case remained highly controversial. There was a
best-seller about him by Daniel Keyes in 1981 called
*The Minds of Billy Milligan. *There may also be coverage of a proposed
feature film based on his life called, *The Crowded Room*,
planned by director James Cameron, with Leonard DiCaprio. Billy died in
2014 in Columbus so there may be an obit story.

We would be grateful for any help with local TV coverage and especially for
information regarding the whereabouts

of the WBNS-TV coverage from the 1970's and 80's. While the WBNS-TV media
collection was officially sold to TEGNA

last summer, Tegna says they have no WBNS media from those two decades.

Many thanks for any leads!

Prue

Prudence Arndt

Archive Producer