[Ohiodig] Vendor Question: eDOCS Solutions

John Dewees John.Dewees at TOLEDOLIBRARY.ORG
Wed Aug 21 09:12:50 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We got a cold call from a vendor called eDOCS Solutions<http://www.edocssolutions.com/edocssolutions/> that appears to offer a variety of services in our collective wheelhouse (listed from their email below). I wasn't familiar with this particular vendor and was curious if anyone here had worked with them before.

E-Publishing:

  *   Full text Data Conversion to XML / HTML / SGML formats using any specific DTD from PDF/TIFF/DOC
  *   Data Conversion capabilities includes: HTML to XML, PDF to XML, Word to XML, PDF to SGML, PDF to Word, etc.
  *   We serve a wide variety of publishers, which include: Education, Academic, Humanities and Social Sciences, Newspapers, etc.
  *   Our expertise spans in producing: Books, Journals - Scientific Journals (PubMed/NLM), Magazines (Automobile Magazines), Newsletters, Catalogues, Newspapers archiving, etc.
  *   Digital Archiving of Historical Newspapers, Digital Asset Management
  *   Creation of eBooks (EPUB & MOBI formats)
  *   Electronic Conversion of Handwritten Manuscripts
  *   Scanning (from any source format)
  *   OCR/manual (multi-pass) keying and proofing
  *   PDF creation or conversion
  *   Library Digitization: Metadata Integration, Cross-platform delivery.
  *   Web publishing.
  *   Data conversion from databases into any format.
Indexing (Data capture):

  *   Any types of Forms, Transmittals, Invoices, Student Records, Rebates, Surveys, Coupons, Documents, Historical Manuscripts, Invoice Processing/Data Capture from Images etc.
  *   Online/Web based Data Entry (Data Entry through a Web Interface; Invoices, Employee Records etc.)
  *   Mortgage Documents Data Capture/Indexing (Loan Application, Approval, Notifications, Co-borrower information, Appraisal Report, Abstractor's Notes, Check List, etc.)
  *   Rebate Processing Services (Customer Details - Full Name, Full Address; Invoice Details - Invoice Date, Invoice #, Plate #, VIN #; Product Code & Amt, etc.)

John Dewees, MLIS, CPL
Supervisor Digitization Services
@johndewees<https://twitter.com/johndewees> | @tlcpldc<https://twitter.com/tlcpldc>
Toledo Lucas County Public Library<http://www.toledolibrary.org/>