[Ohiodig] SOA Annual Conference Early Bird Registration Closes April 30th

Bricking, Stephanie Stephanie.Bricking at cincinnatilibrary.org
Tue Apr 16 08:56:54 EDT 2019

This is just a friendly reminder that early bird registration ends on April 30th.

The Society of Ohio Archivists' annual meeting registration is now open! Join us in Akron on May 16-17, 2019, for two days of Invention and Innovation!

Thursday, May 16

Pre-conference workshops led by Drs. Karen Gracy and Heather Soyka, held at the Kent State University Library.

*         Morning (9:00 a.m. - noon): Fundamentals of Born-Digital Archiving

*         Afternoon (2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.): Beyond the Basics: More Concepts and Strategies for Digital Archiving
Early bird pricing for SOA members: $30 for 1 workshop or $50 for both! Early bird registration ends April 30th.

Evening Mixer at the National Museum for the History of Psychology<https://www.uakron.edu/chp/museum/>, where you can tour the museum and mingle with colleagues.
6:00-8:00 p.m. / $25 to register. Registration closes April 30th.

Friday, May 17

Annual Meeting at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn Hotel from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4E4B8.F1AD2A40]The day starts off with a plenary from Kathleen Roe, past president of the Society of American Archivists. Her talk, "Reimagining the Future of the Archival Past," will focus on the future of archival work, including ensuring our institutions collect materials that reflect a comprehensive, inclusive past, conveying the value of archives in meaningful ways to a wide range of users and audiences, and stepping forward to strengthen our profession and its role in our communities and society.

Join us for sessions on building a diverse repository, collaborative projects, job hunting, processing collections, and teaching in the archives, as well as mini-workshops on advocacy and records management. Attendees will also have the option to attend poster sessions, mock job interviews, and bid in the annual silent auction.

Annual meeting early bird registration is only $45 for SOA members! Early bird registration ends April 30th. Register at http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=9197

Visit the SOA conference website<http://www.ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/> for the latest information and follow along on Twitter at #soaam19<https://twitter.com/hashtag/soaam19?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash>.