[Ohiodig] Now is the Time to Send ODN your Digital Collections

PShumaker at library.ohio.gov PShumaker at library.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 23 11:19:02 EDT 2018

*Please Excuse Any Cross-Posting*

Hello All,

Have you heard that we have over 100,000 items from Ohio Libraries and Museums that are discoverable in DPLA<https://dp.la/search?partner=%22Ohio%20Digital%20Network%22>?

Many of you work at institutions that have great digital collections, and we would love to see these resources added to our DPLA collections.

Below is a brief overview of the process to send your metadata to DPLA through the Ohio Digital Network. If you have any questions, please contact me.

*         Sign our contributor agreement<https://ohiodigitalnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/ODN-Contributor-Agreement.pdf>.

*         Next you'll need to check your collections' metadata to make sure it aligns with our Metadata Application Profile<https://ohiodigitalnetwork.org/contributors/getting-started/map/>. Our basic requirements are very simple. The two required metadata fields are  title and a standardized rights statement for each item.

*         Complete our metadata mapping template and survey, which we will send to you after you have send us your contributor agreement.

*         We will review your metadata to see if it matches DPLA's Metadata Application Profile.

*         Complete any necessary updates to your metadata so it meets DPLA's Requirements.

*         Your metadata will be sent to DPLA!  Our next update with DPLA is scheduled for December, so now is a great time to get started.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D27BC6.E7601320]
Penelope Shumaker
Metadata Librarian
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
[cid:image002.png at 01D27BC6.E7601320]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01D27BC6.E7601320] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.