[Ohiodig] Alt text links and PDF remediation doc

DRESSLER, Virginia vdressle at kent.edu
Fri May 11 13:36:11 EDT 2018

Hi OhioDIG-

Here are some links to alt text that I mentioned yesterday to share out. Also, I got permission from our IS department to also share the attached documentation on PDF remediation that they created with the office of accessibility.

Alt text in MS Office (video)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/video-improve-accessibility-with-alt-text-9c57ee44-bb48-40e3-aad4-7647fc1dba51

Resources on Alternative Text for Images - from W3C

https://www.w3.org/WAI/alt/

WebAIM - Web accessibility in mind alt text

https://webaim.org/techniques/alttext/

Misc Resource/Examples (more geared to websites)

https://moz.com/learn/seo/alt-text

And, here is the company I mentioned yesterday that has been great to work with on accessibility. I have worked with Joel Mills (jmills at apexcovantage.com) who is Director of Business Development, who is fantastic, on a potential project with KSU.

http://apexcovantage.com/

<http://apexcovantage.com/>Happy to answer any other questions too (if I can :) )-

-Ginnie

--